Right then, I’ve just ordered the parts for a quad core AMD based PC I’m going to build as a little side project. I’ve not built a PC in a very long time so this is a bit of a refresher for me, always good to keep yourself up to date!
The shopping list looks like this:
- AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz Processor
- Asus M4A88T-M 880G Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD
- LG DVD RAM Drive
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- All wrapped up in a Coolermaster Elite 335 case with a Corsair CX 500w PSU!
It’s not going to win any speed prizes starting out but it will make a good basis to work on, graphics and sounds will initially be handled by the onboard chipsets on the motherboard. Once I’ve quietly managed to sneak a few more parts in (extra drive, maybe some memory, graphics card etc.) I should have a very capable workhorse.
If I remember, I’ll get some photos while I’m putting it together so you can all have a giggle at all my bad habits! 😀